Be sure that:
- repairs you’ve requested have been made. Obtain copies of paid bills and any related warranties
- all items that were included in the sale price—draperies, lighting fixtures—are still there.
- screens and storm windows are in place or stored.
- all appliances are operating.
- intercom, doorbell, and alarm are operational
- hot water heater is working
- HVAC is working
- no plants or shrubs have been removed from the yard
- garage door opener and other remotes are available.
- instruction books and warranties on appliances and fixtures are there
- all personal items of the sellers and all debris have been removed.
Reprinted from REALTOR® Magazine Online by permission of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®. Copyright 2003. All rights reserved.
Courtesy of Metro Realty, REALTOR®