Make your home more appealing for yourself and for potential buyers with these quick and easy tips.
- Trim bushes so they don’t block windows and cut down on light
- Buy a new doormat.
- Put a pot of bright flowers (or a small evergreen in winter) on your porch.
- Put new doorknobs on your front door
- Put a fresh coating on your driveway.
- Edge the grass around walks and trees.
- Keep your garden tools out of site.
- Be sure kids put away their toys
- Buy a new mailbox
- Upgrade your outside lighting.
- Use warm, incandescent light bulbs for a homey feel.
- Polish or replace your house numbers.
- Clean your gutters.
- Put out potpourri or burn scented candles
- Buy new pillows for the sofa
- Buy a flowering plant and put in a window you pass by frequently
- Make a centerpiece for your table with fruit or artificial flowers.
- Replace heavy curtains with sheer ones that let in more light.
- Buy new towels
- Put a seasonal wreath on your door
Reprinted from REALTOR® Magazine Online by permission of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®. Copyright 2003. All rights reserved.
Courtesy of Metro Realty, REALTOR®